Monday, January 24, 2011

Stouffers Saute Sensations

Hello again,
Well today we got groceries and I had a coupon for a free bag of Stouffers Saute Sensations so we got a bag and were quite happy to save 7.99! Yay for freebies because it wasn't worth 7.99 in my opinion. Maybe I am just used to good home cooked meals but maybe it actually isn't that good. We chose the Country beef Pot Roast kind. My mom opened the bag to discover that it had very few vegetables other than potatoes. It had maybe 5 pieces of carrot in the whole bag. The amount of beef was ok but not great despite the bag claiming to have 25% more beef. Maybe I am expecting too much to think that you could get a good meal from something you pick up from the frozen isle but if you pay 7.99 you should at least get something decent. We decided to add more vegetables and some more potatoes and it turned out ok but I would not spend 7.99 on it. I think there are better options in the frozen isle than this. If you are going to spend the money for convenience and you are willing to take advice from me, I would go for the Lean Quisine Spa meals because they seem to have more veggies and meat in them per serving. They are costly as well unless you can find them on sale but in my opinion they are a much better choice than the Saute Sensations. Of course I would prefer a home cooked meal over any frozen dinner but sometimes that isn't possible and you need something fast because time is short. I definitely will not spend 7.99 on the Saute Sensations though. I suppose if it was half price and I felt like using it as a base and adding more to it then I may consider it but otherwise I think I will stick to good home cooked meals. :) Thanks for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment